1. My grandpa once: doped up on ibuprofen to get into the military for WW II after they rejected him because of his terrible arthritis. He went in on a busy day and got through on the 2nd try!
2. Never in my life have I: sworn (at least out loud!...been sorely tempted though!)
3. College was: beyond wonderful. If I could lead a double life, I would go back to college at night, but without dating (I promise Glenn!)
4. High school was/is: okay, but sometimes I wish I could go back knowing what I know now.
5. When I'm nervous: I talk too fast and become very self-conscious
6. The last time I really cried was: when I realized my Mom really was gone.
7. If I were to get married right now: I would know a lot less about life than I do right now! ( I mean that in the sense that you learn a lot. Not that I would be dumb for getting married!)
8. My hair is: unseemly in its natural state and lovely after 1 ½ hour’s work (at least for ten whole minutes).
9. My feet are: royal. Or at least if that’s what a long second toe means, I take the cake. The thing is almost as long as my pinky finger!
10. When I was 5: A picture of me appeared in a national teacher’s magazine. That would be lovely if I wasn’t bawling my head off with a caption above reading “Trying gets more done than crying”. The first time I knew about the photo was when my kindergarten teacher called me up during class to ask me if that was me. Perfect.
11. Last Christmas: was great. I FINALLY got the silky pajamas that I had been asking my mother for for years and Christmas is ten times better with kids, or Glenn!
12. When I turn my head left I see: The wall that connects this room with the office.
13. When I turn my head right I see: A very clean kitchen waiting for the oven repair man to come (oh yes, it blew up yesterday… not just a coil either. Lovely)
14. My life is not complete without: All members of my family now and those I grew up with. Or being worried about something.
15. By this time next year, I will: hopefully be in a house of our own! Please, please!
16. I have a hard time understanding: What the purpose of continuous monotonous work for mothers is.
17. My favorite thing about me is: my mind, and that I can laugh at the insanity of it combined with my rollercoaster heart.
18. Take my advice: Only give other parents advice unless they ask for it. Now if I can just live by that.
19. My ideal breakfast is: crepes with strawberries and whipped cream. Mmmmm.
20. If you visit my hometown: you would learn to love it as much as I do.
21. My friends are: Nearly perfect.
22. If you spend the night at my house: we will probably try to find a clean episode of ‘The Office’, chat, eat junk and lounge on our oversized love-sac.
23. My family is: my everything
24. The world could do without: bad parents, gossip magazines, phone solicitors, and most television programs.
25. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: have something bad happen to those I love
26. The most recent thing I've bought myself is: Well, it ‘was for Max’. A fabulous reading chair for in his room. It is a gift from his Grandma Tanner and it was the first thing since our last 8 months of careful budgeting that I really couldn’t live without.
27. And, by the way: I am hopelessly addicted to junk food.
28. The last time I was high: (minus the help of any ‘stimulants’) last night with my college roommates gathered for Heidi’s birthday at our place. Old stories made me cackle much more than I should have. Good times.
29. In the past, I shouldn't have: thought so much about what people thought of me. I should have been more worried about how I could make them feel accepted and happy.
30. I hate: the smell of toolboxes and not being able to work out (granted, if I would get up earlier- they have finally paved a road near us that I could run on, but as for running through the gnats and mosquitos... Well, I guess you can see why the bed sounds better at 6:30 am)
31. Last night, I: See #28
32. If I didn't have any obligations tomorrow, I would: Go to college classes at BYU again, take my husband to lunch and go to a bead and breakfast together.
33. A better name for me would be: my mother probably summed it up well with my toddler nick name: Lieutenant Fuzz Head
34. In the last year and a half: I have moved three times, taught 4th grade, had a baby, managed a self-storage facility, and gotten very behind on laundry!
35. When I go back to school, I will: be old, and would love to go into medicine. Most likely as a specialist (ear/nose/throat or something like that). I really don’t see it happening though in between raising the kids and serving missions, as much as I really wish I could. More realistically, I may get a degree in interior design while raising my children.
36: I bet you didn't know: I am actually almost 26 years old, even though people mistake me for 19 ALL THE TIME! I think I have mentioned that a 16 year old hit on me at the pool the other day when I was HOLDING MY OWN CHILD in my arms. I’ll love this curse only when I'm 60.
37. I am: still growing up.
38. I read: much less than before Max came. Now it is mainly parenting and child development books along with the scriptures. Glenn just bought me a medical book to start reading though, so that should be refreshing.
39. Every birthday: Glenn and I go out and have an experience together, instead of buying gifts. Can’t wait for this year- I am desperate for his time!
40. I regret: having no fashion sense until I was about 21, and not being more confident with myself until I was about 21. Though I don’t think I really got more fashion sense until I ditched my bangs around 23.